Hi Beauties!

Saturday is really the perfect day to unwind and catch up on all of your favourite YouTube channels. I love watching beauty videos as they are a great way to find out what’s new and first impressions of a product. Here are my Top 5, hold-the-phone-and-drop-everything beauty gurus!

IN ORDER OF HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM:

1. Samantha Ravendahl.

She’s a Vancouver, BC (holla!) makeup artist and creator of Batalash Beauty. She’s fierce AF and isn’t afraid to say if a product straight out sucks. I’m obsessed.

2. Tati

I’ve grown to absolutely LOVE Tati’s channel ‘GlamLifeGuru’ for her honest product reviews and hauls. Her WTF expensive product series is everything but she also reviews a lot of affordable drugstore products. She is super dedicated to posting 5 videos a week.

3. Jaclyn Hill

Jaclyn Hill was one of the first YouTube gurus I started following and I’ve always been a loyal viewer. She’s amazing at doing makeup but also humble and open about her struggles with anxiety.

4. Wayne Goss

I simply love this man! He’s a very talented makeup artist with quick, to the point reviews and makeup techniques. He’s also witty as hell.

5. Gigi Gorgeous

I stumbled on Gigi’s channel in the summer and haven’t gone back! She has a great mix of storytime, vlogs, and favourites videos and is just plain fab. Gigi is a transgendered woman and it’s beautiful to watch someone who is just really enjoying life and having a good laugh along the way.

It was hard to narrow this list down to only  5 people but there you have it!

xo J

24 Comments

1. March 19, 2016 / 9:30 pm

I love your post! It is also a great post idea. I might even do this after a while 🙂 I knew only Tati from this list. I will definitely check out others too.

• March 19, 2016 / 10:17 pm

Thanks! I love Tati!! You should definitely check out everyone else 🙂 xo J

• March 21, 2016 / 2:29 am

Yay another Samantha fan!! Anytime people don’t know who she is I’m like GO FIND HER CHANNEL NOW!! Thanks for reading 🙂

• March 21, 2016 / 3:03 am

She’s so funny! Hahaha that’s hilarious 🙂

2. March 20, 2016 / 11:53 am

I totally love Jaclyn, Samantha and Gigi 😍😍😍😍 Thanks for the post inspiration 💞

• March 21, 2016 / 2:28 am

Yay!!! You’re welcome enjoy your day 🙂

3. March 20, 2016 / 3:08 pm

Great list! I also love Tanya Burr’ channel! xx

• March 21, 2016 / 2:27 am

Thanks! I really need to check her out!

• March 21, 2016 / 2:27 am

Right??! She’s so elegant.

4. March 20, 2016 / 5:21 pm

Great post! I love your blog !! Have you heard of Tanya Burr? Her channel is great !
    Follow my blog at: stargirl150.wordpress.com

• March 21, 2016 / 2:26 am

Thanks a lot girl! No I haven’t heard of her, I’ll have to check her out! xo J

5. March 21, 2016 / 2:07 am

I freakin love Wayne and Tati! Have you checked out Cora from Vintage or Tacky? She is amazing! So is Carli Bybel.

• March 21, 2016 / 2:26 am

They’re so great! No I haven’t heard of those two! I love Carli Bybel too, but she doesn’t post frequently enough to make it into my top 5 🙁

• March 21, 2016 / 2:29 am

I’m a subscriber but I don’t know, I don’t watch her channel often. I’m not sure what it is but I don’t love her :s

• March 21, 2016 / 2:43 am

She definitely has her own style that is hit or miss for some. Great Halloween tutorials though. Definitely check out Vintage or Tacky, its all makeup there!

6. March 22, 2016 / 1:56 pm

I didn’t know GiGi was transgender! Good for her! I tend to watch a lot of smaller YouTubers cause I feel they share more unique content but I do agree with you, many of these are classics and always worth the watch 🙂

• March 23, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Yea she used to be named Gregory! Watching her pre-transition videos is super interesting. Yea, I expect smaller youtubers would probably speak their mind more and have less brand pressure. I’ve found a few I like but I feel like a lot of them try too hard. I should really check out your channel though! 🙂

• March 24, 2016 / 1:30 pm

That’s really neat, I’m going to go check here out. My channel is different from the people you sub to. My personality (and wallet) are less extravagant. But I would be thrilled if you did check it out 🙂 I totally get what you mean about new youtubers trying too hard though. That’s why I usually go for people with 15-40k in subs. At that point they do start growing pretty quickly so they don’t stay small for long but they are right there at that in between stage where they work with brands but still are pretty good at just being themselves.

• March 24, 2016 / 6:20 pm

I will definitely check out your channel tonight 🙂 Having a less extravagant wallet is a good thing because you probably give some great affordable recommendations! Yea, I’ve seen channels with only a handful of subscribers and I haven’t been too impressed, but everyone has to start somewhere!

7. March 29, 2016 / 1:28 am

I’m all in for Wayne and Jaclyn – thanks for the additional reccos. I’m updating my YT list as we speak 🙂

• March 29, 2016 / 6:30 pm

Awesome!! Definitely check out Samantha she’s so great 🙂

Thoughts on this post? Leave a comment my loves!

%d bloggers like this: