The 2015 list of favorite lipsticks is here…
As always, if you have comments, questions, suggestions or feedback about the list, we’d love to hear from you. Please go to the Facebook page (linked below) and leave your comments there.
2. my favorite lipsticks
There’s a lot of interest in the makeup industry these days, so it’s hard to resist the temptation to sit down and see what our list of favorite lipsticks looks like this year.
The following is a list of our top picks, ordered by the number of votes they received on the website. They are as follows:
1. EOS (1): I love how it goes all over my lips, with a touch of shimmer. This was the first lipstick brand I ever tried and I loved it from day one. Not too bright, not too dark, just perfect for me.
2. Maybelline Fit Me (1): A great volumizing product that’s easy to wear and does exactly what you want it to do: plump up your lips for fuller coverage and extend their life span!
3. LORAC Pro Damage Proof Lipstick (1): I love this product because it gives me more color payoff than anything else on the market — but not more color than my favorite liquid lipstick — and that makes it easy to use even if you don’t have time to reapply a lot of product throughout the day or evening!
4. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette (2): The eyeshadow palette is completely different from any other shade palette we have tried before — but it has been just as amazing as we had hoped! It feels like a much softer quality brush compared to others we own, blends really well with its shape (not flat), and can be used as a powder shadow or cream shadow depending on your preferences!
5. UD Cosmetics Ultra HD Mascara (3): The price tag is steep for something you only use for about 10 minutes at the end of each day; however, if you use this product consistently enough, you will find yourself saving money in no time at all by not needing to buy new mascara every 3 months like everyone else does! This is another product that definitely helps prolong its life span even when applied sparingly at night/during weekends/for travel! For example: If you apply your mascara regularly over night / during weekends / on travel days, then you can expect at least 6 months out of this mascara before needing to replace it.. And sure enough: It exceeded its recommended lifespan in 6 months despite being applied frequently throughout that time frame…. So now we finally have an answer why some products last longer than others… All products
3. applying lipstick
I have a lot of lipsticks, but my favorite is still a NARS lipstick. It’s not because it’s the only good one, though that’s certainly the case. It’s not because it has the most staying power or is the most pigmented — it’s just that it’s my favorite and I use it so often.
The reasons for this are personal and human. The formula is very creamy and comfortable to wear (and lasts forever). And the color remover wipes off pretty easily, so I don’t need to spend too much time removing them before they dry out.
I think you can probably tell what my #1 favorite lipstick is by looking at my blog post title: “Why I Still Love NARS Lipsticks After All These Years.” If you didn’t get that, then you might be inclined to think I am trying to pick favorites on purpose — which isn’t true!
4. top 3 favorite lipsticks
This is the fun part. It is easy to make fun abstractions about lipsticks, which are often closer to food than fashion, but that doesn’t really capture what these products do for us personally.
What I mean by that is that when we first got into lipsticks, we didn’t really understand what made them so popular. We liked them for their pretty color schemes or the way they felt on our lips and necks, but beyond that it was hard to see what made them so special.
Nowdays, however, we know exactly why people love lipsticks. And there are countless reasons why lipstick is a valuable product in its own right:
The lipstick industry spends a lot of effort trying to convince us otherwise (and it has always been a tough one), but what lipstick does well is help you look great in pictures and feel great on your skin all day long — in other words: give you instant confidence and strike up conversations with strangers as easily as putting on mascara or toner.
In this post I want to share with you 3 of my favorite lipsticks of last year (2015) — one for each category: color, wear-ability and smell/feel-ability. And I will talk about the things those categories suggest to me as well as the things they tell me they do not do very well (which I think are equally important). The category of “scents” also contains many more brands than I’ve listed here because there are lots more out there! Let’s get started!
So, what’s next for our favorite lipstick?
We have been testing about 40 new shades on our own. I have worn them all and will continue to do so until the end of our product life cycle.
We are in a position where we can make a statement like “our favorite lipstick is still up for grabs!” as opposed to “it is no longer available.”
I think it’s a good idea to maintain this level of excitement about finding something new and exciting and hear from you if there is anything you think could be added to the post.
Give us feedback, but remember that we are always looking for ways to improve the blog itself (i.e., make it more readable, get rid of ads, etc.)