I finally own a NARS product! This was a shameless impulse purchase. I’m always shocked when people do big NARS hauls because I definitely consider this brand to be very high end and expensive. I was at Sephora for the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick (see review) and decided screw it, I don’t own a NARS product yet. I’m gonna try something!

nars

I feel like if a higher-end brand can’t produce good eyeshadow then they aren’t worth much time. So naturally, I went for the Eyeshadow Duo! It was a bit steep at $40 for two shades, but still better than $28 for a single. There are so many shades to chose from but I eventually decided on Alhambra- a “metallic rose mist” and “gold champagne” pair. This comes in the signature black rubber packaging and just looks so luxe. nars2 I wanted colours that would be suitable for any look and that complimented each other. So far I’m finding them to be really beautiful! I must say this was a luxury purchase and I likely won’t be rushing to re-buy something like this unless there are colours I can’t do without. Is this product worth it? Well, it’s nice and I’m not at all disappointed, but it’s not “oh my god AMAZING” nice, and it’s definitely not cheap. I was in a spendy mood so I bought it! xo J

7 Comments

1. March 12, 2015 / 4:03 am

That is why I don’t own anything from them either…it’s so pricey, but it most definitely has to be worth it! I love the duo, the colours are gorgeous!

2. March 12, 2015 / 5:00 am

Absolutely gorgeous duo! Glad you finally took the dive and tried out Nars!

• March 12, 2015 / 5:13 am

Yea it’s nice to finally own something from this brand! It’s all I see on beauty blogs! Thanks for reading 🙂

xo J

3. March 12, 2015 / 7:38 pm

This is kind of funny, I have bought and returned so many of their eyeshadows because I feel like they just aren’t worth the money. Their face products are so amazing, but the shadows never seem to work out for me.. Le sigh

• March 13, 2015 / 9:59 pm

Yea it was definitely a frivolous purchase. I honestly find my Urban Decay shadows to be the best I’ve ever used! Thanks for reading 🙂

4. March 13, 2015 / 10:12 pm

Absolutely very pricy brand. I don’t know how people spend so much… Lucky them! I would suggest trying a velvet matte lip pencil next. Dolce vita is my favourite. You’ll receive two as your birthday gift from sephora this year!! 🙂

• March 15, 2015 / 7:45 pm

I agree! Yes I’ve seen good things about those…excited for my FREE bday gift hehe. Thanks for commenting!

Thoughts on this post? Leave a comment my loves!

%d bloggers like this: