We’ve all had the experience of buying a new product, taking it home all excited thinking its going to be great, only to have it be a total fail. You’re left with disappointment and mediocre makeup.
Here is a selection of products that failed to impress or do anything good at all:
1. Say Yes to Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer. My face was NOT calm. I was wooed by the soothing promises of cucumber and aloe on the label, along with the fact that this is a cruelty-free brand, and made with 99.6% natural ingredients. This gave my face unsightly patches of bright red! Specifically around dryer regions, there was a lot of redness and a stinging feeling that wouldn’t go away until I washed my face.
ADDITIONAL FAIL: They use hydrogenated palm glycerides which are the fatty acid component of palm oil. Wish I had read the label more thoroughly and I wouldn’t have bought this in the first place.
2. Physician’s Formula Correct and Cover 2-in-1 Concealer. The finish of this was just bad. Every time I wore it my face had that cakey made up look- even when I tried to use less and less. The green colour also doesn’t blend out very well at all and should be called “green face tint” instead of corrector.
3. Sephora Lash Plumper Mascara. I bought this because it was on sale online for $5. I feel ripped off now for even paying that. This actually does nothing well. It basically just sits on your lashes, flattens them, clumps them together and somehow makes them look worse than ever efore.
4. Bare Minerals Warmth All-Over Face Colour. This is supposed to be a universally-flattering natural complexion booster “delivering a sun-kissed glow”. If by glow they mean roll around in red mud and forget to wash your face, then yes, it gives you a fantastic glow. This MAY look good on someone with a darker complexion, but that’s as far as I go with pleasantries.
5. Benefit Watts Up Soft Focus Highlight. Ugh. I’m sorry but there are WAY too many affordable highlighters out there that actually work to justify anyone ever purchasing this. Thank god mine was a sample size! It is a highlighting stick that you apply and blend, but it basically just leaves concentrated gold strips on my face and does not look natural.
6. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer. I HATE THIS. This concealer actually makes me angry. It is the worst thing I have ever put on my face. It doesn’t conceal anything and you are basically just putting a tinted liquid on your skin that will turn lumpy over primer and look even worse under foundation. Avoid at all costs!
ADDITIONAL FAIL: This contains methyparaben and propylparaben.
Do you own any of these? I would love to hear your take on them if you do!